2014 Programs and Events
For more information and details, including updates on the Museum’s open/closed status during severe weather, please Find us on Facebook (no account needed)
Every Wednesday at noon, August – September, 2014
- Lunch with the Librarian – Pre-school children (ages 2-5) and their caregivers are invited to bring a chair or blanket with their lunch, and enjoy stories. Free admission, enter the garden through the driveway gate. Meets indoors in inclement weather. Courtesy of the Morristown & Morris Township Library.
- Education Programs – a wide variety of programs are available onsite and offsite for preschool, home school, public and private school students, Girl Scouts (Daisies, Brownies, Juniors), Cub and Boy Scouts. More information…
- Exhibit: The Civil War through the Eyes of Thomas Nast - Before radio, TV or the internet, there was political cartoonist Thomas Nast – illustrating battles, troop movements and both armies’ activities throughout the Civil War. Mounted to commemorate the final year of the Civil War Sesquicentennial (2011-2015), on view during touring hours in the second floor Thomas Nast Gallery through August 23, 2015. Regular admission applies, members free.
Sunday, October 19, 2014 11:00am – 5:00pm
- Historic District House Tour - Save the Date! If you enjoyed our Historic District House Tour in October 2012, during which several neighbors opened their homes to visitors, we hope you will save the date for this year’s event! Sponsored by Millea Bros. Auctions and Appraisals. More information… or Print a flyer.
Through October, 2014
- Exhibit: Made in New Jersey: A Celebration of Decorative and Fine Arts showcases the Museum’s collection of New Jersey stoneware, silver, and artists such as Thomas Nast, A.B. Frost and Edward Kranich. During touring hours in the Upstairs Gallery. Regular admission applies; members free.
For more information and details, please Find us on Facebook