2014 Programs and Events
For more information and details, including updates on the Museum’s open/closed status during severe weather, please Find us on Facebook (no account needed)
Every Wednesday at noon, August – September, 2014
- Lunch with the Librarian – Pre-school children (ages 2-5) and their caregivers are invited to bring a chair or blanket with their lunch, and enjoy stories. Free admission, enter the garden through the driveway gate. Meets indoors in inclement weather. Courtesy of the Morristown & Morris Township Library.
August 11 – 15, 2014
- Summer Adventure Program – Summer in the Secret Garden(children 9-12) – Spend each morning this week exploring Morristown’s own “secret garden” just as the characters in the Frances Hodgson Burnett classic did. Create a mini garden, make seed paper, practice calligraphy, and make character collages about favorites from the story. Preregistration required; call 973.538.2404 x16 or email our Museum Educator for details.
Through August 3, 2014
- Exhibit: Thomas Nast Brings Down Boss Tweed - The campaign that contributed most to Thomas Nast’s fame was the one he carried on so relentlessly against the “Boss” William M. Tweed and the Tammany Ring of New York in the 1870s. During touring hours in the second floor Thomas Nast Gallery. Regular admission applies; members free.
Sunday, October 19, 2014 11:00am – 5:00pm
- Historic District House Tour - Save the Date! If you enjoyed our Historic District House Tour in October 2012, during which several neighbors opened their homes to visitors, we hope you will save the date for this year’s event! Sponsored by Millea Bros. Auctions and Appraisals. More information…
Through October, 2014
- Exhibit: Made in New Jersey: A Celebration of Decorative and Fine Arts showcases the Museum’s collection of New Jersey stoneware, silver, and artists such as Thomas Nast, A.B. Frost and Edward Kranich. During touring hours in the Upstairs Gallery. Regular admission applies; members free. Learn more about the speaker series which complements the exhibit.
For more information and details, please Find us on Facebook