Dig it! Plant it! Eat it!
Youth Summer Garden Program, Summer 2017
Through hands-on gardening, guided interactive learning experiences, tours of the Museum’s exceptional eighteenth-century kitchen, and an art making experience with New Jersey artist and storyteller children will:
- Learn how Macculloch Hall grew, prepared and stored fruits and vegetables to sustain the household throughout the year
- Learn how to cultivate and care for a kitchen garden
- Consider the positive environmental impact of pollinating insects and birds
- Examine the nutritional and environmental impact of a local garden
- Participate in the creative aspect of tending green space and using inspiration from it to create art
- Explore the history of the community while participating in it
Dig it! Plant it! Eat it! garden program offers single, double and multi-visit experiences.
Please check back with us in the spring for details.